Monday, July 28, 2008

My RuffleButts Experience

Ruffle Intern V:

"The best changes often start as a single, simple thought. Think big, and discover the ways to make your dreams real."--Hearts and Minds: Information for change

This is one of the major ideas I have discovered over the course of my internship here at RuffleButts. I feel as though nothing is more applicable to how this business got started; but I also feel that it is an ideal that we can all share and adapt as our own mottos in our everyday lives.

Working at RuffleButts this past summer has been an extremely rewarding and fulfilling experience. I am happy to say that my first major occupational endevour has been a complete sucess in my eyes and as a bonus, filled with some really great people. I have learned a lot about myself over these past three months and discovered that I can push myself outside of whatever pre-established comfort zones I might have and pursue different aspects of my field and business in general that I normally would not have attempted or looked into. Let me tell ya, it feels really good to tackle something that use to make you uneasy. I have grown a lot through my trials and pursuits at RuffleButts and I have definitely come out of this experience a more occupationally confident and independent person.

I can't express how much I appreciate all of Amber's guidence and support in my position this summer. I never imagined I would be able to work so close with a designer who is so willing to share every aspect of the business. The extremely personal experience of my internship made this decision all the more fulfilling and beneficial. I have to thank Amber for all of the opportunities she has given me this summer included mass producing my apparel designs and allowing me to try my hand at several different creative endevours. She has also shown me the nitty gritty aspects of running a business and all which that entails--something I could not have possibly gained from a classroom or a studio. However, one of the most inspiring things she has shown me is what an incredible amount of determination and passion one must have to run a business (especially in the fashion industry!), qualities which I am anxious to display in my own independent business endevours.

Before I finish up my final RuffleButts Intern posting, I would just like to say what a pleasure it has been to work with all of our customers. You guys are wonderful and all of your positive comments and support are a major part of what makes working here so rewarding, and reminds me of why going into children's apparel was a step in the right direction. Thank you.

-V

1 comment:

  1. Veronica,

    Thank you so much for your kind words about RuffleButts! It was a pleasure having you here, and I am glad to hear that this experience was exactly what I wanted it to be for you. Just be sure to pay it forward in your own (sure to be successful) career!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete