Friday, July 11, 2008

The End Is Near!

Ruffle Intern: V

I tell ya, this week it really hit me that summer is beginning to wind down.
I sat down with Amber at the beginning of the week to discuss how my internship has gone thus far. We discussed my progress as well as things I still need to work on (Phone skills! It's just not my thing!). My internship will be over come the end of this month and I can't believe how soon that is--the days are creeping past me. There are still so many things I am looking forward to this summer before I head back to New York for school, but then there is also the ever-looming summer projects for my senior thesis that I am working on. Unfortunately, those deadlines are creeping up too.

Over the summer I am suppose to design three major apparel collections. Of those three collections, I will have to choose one next semester and create it for my senior thesis. I am so nervous! This is it...the final push, the final year of college before I'm out. I hope I can create something that I am proud of and that shows off all the hard work and effort I've put into the previous three years.
We shall see...

2 comments:

  1. I am sure you will do fine. With the experience that Amber has given you, and what you have gotten from school I am sure I will hear from you again with your own business or line of clothing somewhere!! Just keep your head up and tell yourself you can do anything with the strength of God behind you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Veronica...

    I'm thinking you have a great future ahead of you. Working with Amber gives you a great foundation of what it takes to make it in this business.

    If you need help in NYC, look me up. I have a boys' clothing line and would be glad to share what I've learned.

    With friendship,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete