Friday, November 30, 2007

What are you ready to dump?


I mentioned to my husband this morning that we really need to go through our clothing and donate whatever we are not using. Since my husband and I were married three and a half years ago, we have moved from a house in Cincinnati to an apartment in Dallas, to a house in Dallas, and now to a condo in Fort Lauderdale. With every move we have been forced to clean out closets and donate more "stuff" than we ever even knew we had. It is a great feeling to know that your belongings that sit around gathering dust, are going to someone who will actually put them to use! It is also leaves you with a wonderfully free feeling...a great way to start the new year.

After mentioning this new goal of mine to my husband this morning, I came across this post on a newly found international blog Go! Smell the Flowers. The post is about dumping things from your life...and I love this!! We all need to dump a few things from our lives and I am going to start with my unused "stuff". I think I'm also going to add a few extra pounds to the list (I keep promising myself that I will start my workout classes next week). I'm also vowing right now to dump my baggage. I have come to a realization this week that some things are just out of my control. I will do everything in my power to run this business properly and make my customers happy, but I have to let go of the things that are behind me or simply out of my hands.

What do you need to dump from your life? Is it time to let go?

3 comments:

  1. I hear ya on this one. I'm always digging through my house to see what we can donate. It's especially important to do it with my son, who learning about giving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so much...so much!!!! Clutter everywhere - AHHH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even know where to start but yeah...I need to dump...quite a lot.

    ReplyDelete