Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Delivery dates

"If you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the worries of tomorrow, you have no today to be thankful for."

"Thank God for what you have, TRUST GOD for what you need."

These quotes were sent to me yesterday, author unknown. As most of you know, this last month has been a huge challenge for me. I knew that starting a business, I would be wearing many hats and dealing with many people, but this last month has been a real test for me personally. I trust others and base my decisions on promises and deadlines. I personally will do whatever is in my power to keep my word...I am learning that not everyone has that same principle. I have promised our products to our customers based on dates provided to me by our factory. I understand that things happen out of our control, such as the hurricane, but other missed deadlines are just one excuse after another. As a business, I am trying to make this right with our customers, because they are my top priority, but it is killing me that I can not meet our delivery dates for them. Today, I received some of our products with incorrect measurements, which now have to be fixed...which, yes, once again causes more delays.

My pattern maker sent me these quotes yesterday, which truly got me through my day. I have accepted the challenge and I am willing to do whatever it takes to make our customers happy and this business a success...sometimes I just need to have a little pep talk with myself. I am so blessed to have the opportunity to create my dream and all dreams come with a few challenges. Our Pastor at Fellowship Church Miami always says that anything worth achieving requires hard work and some struggle. Today, I took a deep breath, put my worries aside for a few minutes and was able to focus on my appreciation and trust. It really felt great!

4 comments:

  1. I came to see your blog from BlogCatalog. It's just delightful! Wishing you all success with your RuffleButts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HsZoo, Thank you so much for your encouraging words! Glad you came to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you found me on here! Your business idea is incredible; I wish you much success!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband says, "If it was easy to run a business, everyone would do it". It is hard when you rely on other's but it is part of the game. I try and add cushion to protect me from other's um, flaws and inability to stick to deadlines. It will all be worth it in the end - trust me!

    Jamie Lentzner
    www.jpd.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete