Monday, November 26, 2007

The Happiest Place on Earth

So, with all of my production headaches this month, I decided that I needed a little getaway to secure my sanity. I convinced my husband to whisk me away to Disney World for the Thanksgiving holiday. Having not visited this land of happiness since childhood, I figured it would be a great place to escape from my manufacturing nightmare of a reality!

What an incredible experience!! I would highly recommend this getaway for any family, with or without children. Although my husband and I hope to have children of our own someday soon, this was a fabulous bonding experience for us and our marriage. We were able to smile, laugh, eat and walk our little hearts out!

I've heard that Thanksgiving was a great time to venture to the big DW, and I would have to agree. We never waited more than 45 minutes in a line, and even that was rare. We enjoyed the sunshine and 75 degree weather and really didn't miss the big turkey too terribly much. They do offer the traditional Thanksgiving meal at a few of the park restaurants, but we opted for the fish and chips at the Epcot UK pub.

I would have appreciated a few tips when planning my trip, so I wanted to post these for anyone planning to visit in the near future...

- We stayed at the Buena Vista Palace Hotel right across from Downtown Disney and loved it. We booked the TZoo Special, which made for better rates and free buffet breakfast (which usually costs $20/person).
- Stay at a hotel that offers free transportation to and from the resorts. Parking on site is about $11/day.
- For those parties of two, I would highly recommend the UK pub in Epcot. Everyone was so friendly and the food at the pub is less expensive than the restaurant that is attached.
- We went to the House of Blues for dinner on Friday night and were surprised by the semi-reasonable prices. We expected to endure tourist pricing at most restaurants near-by, but were pleasantly surprised that this restaurant was not too bad.
- The new Soarin ride at Epcot was definitely worth the wait, but if you go at closing time, the wait is about 1/2 as long as it is throughout the day.

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment