Thursday, November 1, 2007

One of those weeks

First, I must send such a big thank you to Becki (aka BlogMom) at http://www.blogmommas.com/. I am so honored that she has chosen to feature RuffleButts as the Blog of the Month! As most of you know, this is a new world for me, but in these short few months, I have met so many incredibly talented and supportive blogging moms. I can't believe that I didn't do this sooner!

So, this week...wow, it has been one heck of a week! A bit of a roller coaster for me personally, but a big week for RuffleButts. I'm sure many of you can relate - you know those days where you know for sure that you are full of female hormones? Well, I was reminded with flashing neon lights this week! I called my husband on Wednesday, a complete mess - when he asked me what was wrong, I babbled on about all of the things that I need to do, and don't have time, and am overwhelmed with guilt when I take a break. Sound familiar?

My husband and I are so ready for children, we're simply waiting patiently for God to agree. But, I must say in weeks like these, I can't help but to question how in the world moms do it all!! All of my wonderful mommy friends tell me that you just find a way, just as with everything else in life. You know, that is so true and one of the most amazing things about being a woman - God just gives us the strength to do what we need to do. So, it is almost Friday, and I have made it through, remembering that I can do anything with faith and patience! I know I sound like a bit of an emotional mess, but really I am just like each and every one of you - we have up days, down days, and everything in between, but as women we sometimes tend to put on the happy face. I've decided that it's okay to struggle, as long as we don't ever give up!

3 comments:

  1. "I've decided that it's okay to struggle, as long as we don't ever give up!"

    Amen to that!

    I am thrilled to feature you! And I am so glad that you found me and that you joined this world of blogging

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just checked out your website and your products are wonderful and so adorable. I wish you had been around when my daughter was little. I don't think the boys would be willing to wear the ruffles! :)

    I wanted to do a post on my blog regarding your products and wanted to put a link on my sidebar. I'd like to put a logo on my sidebar with the link. Can I just use your logo on the blog or would you have something different you would want used?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber, I have four kids and I second the motion that we moms are an incredibly rare breed. You do get used to the running around and the busy schedules and you get most of it done with a lot less sleep. Visit my blog because I often write about my hectic days with a sense of humor (I try).

    ReplyDelete