Wednesday, May 27, 2009

We're crazy!!

So, this week has been a whirlwind! I know, I say it every week, but this week is REALLY crazy. I have decided that my husband and I are complete gluttons for punishment. We like to call ourselves "opportunists", but I just think we're crazy. So, here's what we did...

Being that we both came from the real estate industry, we always like to keep an eye on what's going on. So, we were out driving around a few months back and came across this pretty lake house. The house is located just about 20 minutes away from where we live now, but in a lake community. Just for kicks, we decided to take a look. It was nice, we went home, and life went on. Then, a few months later, Mark said to me, "what would you think about moving to the lake?". I thought he was joking at first, but quickly realized that this is totally something we would do! My first reaction was a quick "no way!", but after a few days, I couldn't stop thinking about it. I could come up with quite a few reasons why we shouldn't, but I just felt a little push to explore further.

So, long story made a little shorter...last Friday, I started to do a little more research and came across a home in another nearby lake town. The home looked absolutely gorgeous on the listing site, and I couldn't imagine it was something we could afford. But, as I looked into it a little further, I realized that the home was new construction, left incomplete by the builder, and the home was in foreclosure. I was intrigued, we drove to check it out, and really liked what we found. After much discussion and a LOT of prayer, we made an offer on Monday. By Friday, we found out that we got the house! Yes, we are idiots =) We made an offer to buy a new home when we still own our current home and don't even have it on the market yet. It is the worst time ever to sell a home, and yet, I have this sense of comfort that we can do it. Oh, and did I mention that we haven't even been in our current home for a year?

So, to wrap it up, we close on our new "home" this Friday, start construction on Monday and hope to have our current home sold in the next 30-days! There are just so many things that make this right, but one that is super exciting is the fact that there is an enormous space, absolutely perfect for RuffleButts Corporate, built right into the house, with it's own separate entrance for our employees and a lake view!

Needless to say, it has been a crazy week! Oh, and to top it off...it's also been our best month ever for RuffleButts!!

3 comments:

  1. Visiting from Entrecard. On the lake sounds so fab. Congrats on the home purchase - you've got guts, mama! Good luck on the construction, the move, and the business!! Whew - I'm tired just writing all that! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! you set yourself out on an adventure!! (but a fun one!!) We built our house 3 1/2 years ago and love it!! I pray that you get your place sold just as fast as it took you to sign papers!! have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Amber!!! How exciting! I know it proably seems crazy, but you're gonna have a blast and be so glad you did it...maybe not now, but soon :)

    ReplyDelete