Friday, May 1, 2009

Kick in the butt!


This is what I need today, a good kick in the butt! So, if you read my crazy ramblings very often, you know I have the mental stability of...well, let's just say I don't really know the word 'stable'! I guess this is true with most entrepreneurs - I would not describe us as stable - driven, stubborn, intense, passionate, even giving, but not so much stable. Well, today is one of those days, I feel even less stable than usual. I'm not 100% on. I think I'm more like 50% off! I'm snapping at my poor husband, impatient with my sweet and curious daughter, annoyed by the flood of emails, and SO ready for the weekend. Okay, maybe it's not THAT bad. I still count my blessings that I am able to sit here and work in my pj pants today (Emily has the day off and Mark sees my in my 'mom' clothes, probably more often than he would like). I still love my job and wouldn't trade it for the world, but I just need a good kick in the butt today. I have so much to get done, as usual, but I think I left my motivation upstairs this morning...I can't really say "at home" since I'm still kinda sorta at home!

So, the good news...I am pretty excited - I am going to have our offices painted in the next week or two. I think that may help. Our RuffleButts office is located in our home, totally separate from the house, with it's own entrances and all, but still technically, at home. So, the entire office is done with dark wood. Dark wood cabinets, dark wood shelving, dark wood trim, dark wood desks, and I have decided that I need some light! So, I am having all of the dark wood painted white, excluding the desks. I will be sure to share some pictures here soon...hopefully we'll have it done in the next week or so. The only problem is that it is a little difficult to run a business while there are painters here...our new factory shipment is due to arrive on Monday, and, of course, this month's Nordstrom order is scheduled to ship out the following Monday. There's always something, but I just need to suck it up and deal with it. I think it will be totally rewarding and worth it, once it's all done. I also made a wall quote to finish off the office that says "Faith is daring the soul to see beyond what the eyes can see." This will be wonderful daily reminder that I am working toward something bigger than what I can see. Sometimes it takes just a little change in your environment to give you a fresh perspective!

1 comment:

  1. I'm officially jealous - your offices sound gorgeous! Wow!

    *kick!*

    I think you now owe me $1.00 now, no?

    LOL!

    screamin_deal on twitter!

    ReplyDelete