Wednesday, February 24, 2010

WOW




"Wow is all I can say!" That was the first sentence of Shanna's (Layla's mom) email to me at 3:40 this morning. I 2nd that!! As she sat by Layla's side, Shanna was amazed by the number of people that all came together in support of Layla. I couldn't sleep, my mind was spinning. Incredibly, we met our goal in mere hours yesterday, and are sending over the check today. I can honestly tell you this is the most fun I have had writing a check of this size, knowing that it is going to such an incredible cause! We are a small company, I only wish we could do so much more.

I had tears in my eyes as I typed yesterday's post. Today, I again can't hold back the tears, but they are tears of hope, of pure awe. This little girl has touched us all. She has brought us to tears. She has inspired us to smile. She has made us hold our little ones a little closer. She has forced us to take a moment to appreciate life. She has generated SO MUCH LOVE.

Layla will soon be healed of this devastating disease, whether it is here on Earth or with her Heavenly Father. All I have to say, is I can't imagine the welcoming party they will be throwing for this amazing little lady when she is called Home, whenever that may be.

I take this moment to thank you all, from the bottom of my heart, for your support, your kind words, your love, and most of all, your prayers for Layla. This was not about me, or RuffleButts, or anything else for that matter. It was about doing anything I could think to do to give back to this precious child that has given us all so very much. I am honored to be able to do that in this small way.

Isn't it truly amazing what can be accomplished when we come together in love!

2 comments:

  1. I think this is so awesome that you guys can do this. I know they appreciate it. And I to am praying for Layla's full recovery...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to tweet you, but im not good at twitter!AMZING what you did for layla!I spoke with her mommy, and i made a angel doll for layla. I also just listed a Laylas angel tee! Check it out at http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/vincouture

    If you can blog ortweet this, i would be eternally grateful

    ReplyDelete