Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ethics Cont.

Okay, after reading that last post, I just add to make a little addition...it sounded a little too negative for me. Although, I sometimes find myself disappointed by others actions, I have to say that for the most part, I work with some incredible people! I do what I do and find so much fulfillment in my job mostly from my amazingly wonderful customers. I receive phone calls and emails weekly telling us that we are doing a good job, that little angels are enjoying our creations, and that, most importantly, we are making people smile.

For every complaint we receive, the are 99 compliments - I couldn't ask for anything more! The fact that our customers take time out of their day to share kind words, makes me the luckiest business owner in the world. I know that business can not be all gumdrops and lollipops, but sometimes I just get so frustrated that people don't look at the bigger picture. I am so blessed that 95% of my days are spent in a positive manner, but I am human and just hate dealing with disappointment and frustration.

I literally had nightmares last night that everyone hated our products and that they were of horrible quality. I think this was a combination of dealing with a difficult vendor and a customer complaint that I just couldn't get out of my head. Man, Oprah was so right about complaints!!

When you sacrifice your ethics, you are sacrificing your legacy. When you inspire and lift others, the world has this wonderful way of filling your heart.

2 comments:

  1. Amber, you are allowed to be a bit "negative" at times! That makes you human, of course! I hope whatever got you down has been pushed out of your mind. You are doing a great job and your products are adorable!

    Keep on keepin' on!

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you are allowed to be negative sometimes! Just know, for every grouchy person out there, there are lots more of us who love our RuffleButts! :)

    ReplyDelete