Wednesday, February 27, 2008

New Talent

Last week, I was asked to do a small "interview" with a Barry University student as part of an assignment. I happily agreed, remembering my college days and that very same "interview assignment". The student had been in the business class that I visited a few weeks prior to share my story and had a few more questions for me. I could tell she was a bit nervous a first, but we quickly got into a good conversation.

This morning I turned on my computer to a very sweet email from this student. I wanted to share her words as a motivation for any of you other business owners/entrepreneurs out there that may not realize the power of inspiration that comes with our challenging career of choice.

"Hi Amber! I know its been a week since our interview, but I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to meet with me. Beside the fact that I didn't know what questions to ask, I learned a lot. You have inspired me to never give up. You have shown me that anything is possible, if you put your time and dedication into something you really want, it can happen. I have attached my resume just in case you or someone you know are in need for an intern or employee. Again thank you so much for everything. ~Glendy Perez"

This email also reminded me that I have received the resume of many talented young people over the past few months. If anyone is looking for new talent, please feel free to contact me. I would love to pass along their information and share this talent that I am too broke to afford at the moment =)

I am also grateful to Glendy, because that email is just what I needed to get back to the point and focus on what I am trying to accomplish here.


On a side note - I have to extend a sincere thank you to Jamie Lentzner of Jamie's Painting & Design. She is a very busy & successful business owner, who is a few years ahead of me in this whole entrepreneurship thing. Not only does she take the time to keep up with what I am doing, she offers her advice and most importantly her encouragement. Jamie, you are an inspiration to me, and I hope to pass that along as I continue to grow. Check out Jamie's blog at http://jpd.typepad.com/ and her awesome products (like the name plaque shown to the left) on her website at http://www.jamiespnd.com/.

1 comment:

  1. Ah shucks - all in a day's work! You are too sweet - thank you so much for the link. Keep up the good work - us "entrepreneurs" need to stick together!

    Jamie R Lentzner

    ReplyDelete