Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The Test

Okay, today was my test - priorities vs. commitments. My mom and aunt are in town for the week. Figures, this is the week that I learned that all of my patterns were done incorrectly and need to be redone in time for the boat to go out to the factory within days. So, family or work - both are important, but I only get to see my family about once or twice a year. Then again if this line isn't manufactured on time, the business will suffer and I won't have any time for family in the future. So, I think I passed the test - I pulled myself away from the office for the day and visited a butterfly farm. I must say as I was surrounded by the peaceful beauties fluttering around my head, I realized that there is more to the world than my little office. And, chances are the line will still get done, even with me taking four hours out of the office today. I may pay the price this evening as I try to catch up, but I would definitely say it was worth it.

Oh good news, after spending days on the computer sending emails to potential PR sources, I heard back from South Jersey Mom Magazine. They are going to include us in their November or December issue! Adding that to the South Florida Parenting Magazine article coming out in November, I think we are off to a good start. I know they are both local magazines, but I am hoping that will kick start our PR and lead us to national publications and news shows. I know this is the challenge of every company, but if we can just get the word out, I really think that mom's are going to love this line. We are receiving such great feedback - I am absolutely determined to succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment