Monday, June 15, 2009

Mistakes

Okay, this is my very last comment regarding the April Rose situation. As most of us know by now, Beccah has posted her explanation and apology. I do appreciate all of your support, but I would prefer that none of us join the others that are quick to judge or point fingers. I do sincerely appreciate those of you that came to my defense. If I'm being 100% honest, I was a little ticked by those that came down on me as I tried to make the best decisions possible. And it was so nice to have others, quick to stand up for my actions...and to send me sweet emails in support. Part of me wanted to defend myself and the other part of me just wanted to get back to my job. Part of me wanted to go to your blogs (you know who you are) to tell you to figure out all of the facts before sharing your not-so-nice comments, but I refused to get sucked in!

I believe this experience brought about many emotions. I believe some people were a little too quick to hit the 'post' button and to judge others that they didn't know. I do understand why and hold no ill feeling towards anyone (including those that judged me personally). Just like everyone else, I obviously didn't know that the blog was a lie. And honestly, I feel like the writer needs love and prayers now more than ever. I am not supporting her actions in ANY way, but each and every one of us have made mistakes, maybe not quite on this level, but we are not perfect either. The world has a way of working itself out, and I am sure she will pay an extremely high price for her actions.

So, on the topic of mistakes, although not near the severity of Beccah's, as a business owner, I feel I am always learning from my mistakes. When I first started this business, I really had no idea what I was getting myself into. I read, I researched, I inquired, but I think sometimes we just learn best from doing. I may not have chosen the very best fabrics, or factory for that matter. I didn't know the best advertising avenues and not all of my decisions were the correct ones, but as we are growing, I am improving. Things are getting so much easier! We now manufacture our own fabric, and we are working with a fabulous factory (one that actually sends our products correctly and responds when I contact them). I now know, for the most part, where to advertise, and where is a total waste. I know more about the industry, sales, trade shows, and product development. This is the natural progression of experience. So, I guess my point is this...if you are still at the beginning of that learning curve, you will make mistakes. This is okay, expected, and actually, to your benefit down the road. You have to make mistakes to improve. Don't let people make you feel like you don't know what you are doing, even if you don't!! We all started somewhere and I promise, we have ALL made mistakes.

3 comments:

  1. I am appalled that you were put in the middle of this mess. Your ad on her site showed that you have a generous heart. Your prayers for her after discovering the truth says a lot about you. I am honored to have you on my sidebar. Now more than ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are creating a business where we aim to protect kids learning how to drive. If you and your friends have time to take this survey please do.

    This survey only takes five minutes...

    http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=UWgTj89M_2bKE7y4nV4wIM8g_3d_3d

    Our business is a bumper sticker that allows other drivers to call the parents of a teen driver. It is similar to the “How is my driving?” on semi-trucks. I would really appreciate any feedback and I am more than willing to talk about the business I am starting. If you are able, please send this link to any friends you may have that have children, the more results we get the better our services will be aimed at parents with kids learning to drive.

    clestkiwi.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber, I just read through all of your post and down to this one. thank you for being so open and honest about your journey in your business. It is very helpful and encouraging to all of us. You are a lovely young lady and I do wish you and your family the very best and for you continued success in your business. You are delightful to know!

    ReplyDelete