Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Random Acts of Kindness



"From what we get we make a living. From what we give we make a life." Author: Blake Beattie


I can not tell you how excited I was to discover such an amazing concept in action...http://www.actsofkindness.org/! The quote above really struck a chord with me, but this website is absolutely overflowing with so many quotes, ideas, community & classroom projects - it is just fantastic. As many of you know, one of my main objectives with this business and my life, for that matter, it to touch the lives of others in a positive way. I know and sincerely appreciate that so many of you stand with me on this core mission. I was thrilled by the response to our "Share the Smiles" Project, but I don't want this goal to become lost in the shuffle of daily life. I am always open to any of your ideas and suggestions on how I can use this company to impact the world in a positive way, one person at a time! I make it an absolute priority to donate to charities and organizations, but as a small company, I can only do so much on a financial level. My ultimate goal is to grow RuffleButts to a size that can make a huge impact on the world and it's children, and I appreciate every bit of your support on this journey.

Okay, I'm getting a little off subject. I would highly recommend checking out this organization called The Random Acts of Kindness Foundation, which is privately held and funded. If you are a teacher, this organization offers list after list of classroom projects, calenders, and free graphics. If you are an individual just looking for ideas on how you can make a small impact on the life of someone who needs it, this is a great place to start. They even have free e-cards! So take 5 minutes out of your day today to do something small for someone else. You never really know how much someone needs your attention until you make the effort to share.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment