Friday, April 11, 2008

Aussie mums!

I am so excited that we are now offering our RuffleButts to Aussie mums! I am truly honored and a little shocked that we have already started selling internationally, but Australia holds a special little place for me. My grandmother was born and raised in Australia and introduced me to many of the little Australian customs as I was a child...let's just say I was totally hooked on Velvet Crumble candy bars and despised Vegemite! I am thrilled to share my creations and spread the ruffles in AU!

Last night my husband was finishing up the final details on our Australian home page for the RuffleButts website. I am so fortunate to be working with two fabulous Aussie retailers and am so excited to grow our brand with them! I recently finalized an agreement with one of the retailers to launch RuffleButts.com.au sharing the RuffleButts brand in Australia and promoting our Authorized Retailers making the brand available locally to Aussie mums! We plan to launch the site next week!

Honestly, I must say there are so many days where I feel like I am in so over my head, but I just take it one day at a time and feel so blessed to have the opportunity. There are days that I wish I had a law degree and knew so much more about international business, but I am learning as I go. I have said it so many times before, but when running a business, you truly realize how much you do not know. At times that can be a bit overwhelming, but for now, it seems to work for me. I can't wait until the day when we have our own team, with people that specialize in all of these different areas. For now, I will depend on research and advice from others.

For all of you other entrepreneurs out there that may be facing some of these same learning experiences, just keep going! I know there are days when you don't feel capable of handling it all, but we will succeed, and one day look back and laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment