Monday, April 21, 2008

Holy Moly

"WOW" and "thank you God"!!! That is all I can say at the moment. These past few days have been insane and I am loving every minute of it! Orders have been rolling in like crazy...seriously, my inbox is overflowing with order notifications. I recruited my husband to help me pack orders on Saturday, and by the time we were caught up from Friday and Saturday's orders, we had even more sitting in the inbox! This is what I have been waiting for, but I must admit, although I feel so incredibly blessed and am thrilled that the business is finally ready to run, I am totally scared out of my mind on how I will keep up and fill orders! We are already sold-out on a handful of our products and are running a replacement production now. With that said, production requires at least 4 weeks, and customer service is my #1 priority. I want our RuffleButts customers to be delighted by their shopping experience, and I want to stay true to my goal of spreading ruffles and sharing smiles (not frustrations with delayed products)!!

So, how did this come about...

RuffleButts was selected by babytalk Magazine editors for their page called "Stuff We Love"! They did their own photo shoot with our lime woven RuffleButt Bloomers and ran them in their May issue. First, I have to say, with complete honesty, that I have never worked with a more pleasant company. I was already a subscriber to this magazine, but they are now at the very top of my favorites! I am so truly honored that such a well-respected national publication took notice of our products and even recommended them to their readers!

If you are an avid reader of this blog, you know that the journey of entrepreneurship is one with so many ups, downs, twists & turns, but it is milestones like this that make me feel like I am accomplishing what I set out to conquer! I know we have so much further to go, but the fact that others are taking notice is a huge step in the right direction. And for those of you that email me asking for words of advice...and I am so far from an expert here...but based on this experience, I would just tell you to go for it, ask for it; you never know what will come of it!

4 comments:

  1. Amber, you are doing awesome. It's an entrepreneur's dream to have an overflowing box of orders. I love it. I can't wait until I get there. I am working on launching my new jewelry line and will let you know when I get a website up and running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber, I just thought of something I wanted to ask you. Have you felt any kind of fallout from the recent economic concerns here and if so, do you have any advice for those of us wanting to start a business at this time with the current economic situation? Maybe you can blog about it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments and support Terry! I can't wait to hear your jewelry line updates...you'll be shocked how quickly things happen, even though some days feel like it is taking forever!

    I love your suggestion for a post addressing the effects of our recent economy concerns on new businesses. I plan to get this done by today or tomorrow.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea!!! That's so awesome!! Really happy about both the orders and the write up!

    Way to put Marker to work ;)

    Hugs,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete