Monday, March 3, 2008

Intro To RuffleButts!


As seen through the eyes of the RuffleIntern...
Heart racing, palms sweating, stomach turning. That was the way I felt as I approached Mrs. Amber of RuffleButts Inc. It was February 20th, 2008, a Wednesday, when I entered the convention center for the internship fair. Not knowing what to expect, I brought my good friend Elana with me to keep me company. I felt so nervous to interview with Amber of RuffleButts Inc. but when I walked up to her and introduced myself, I began to relax and started my interview.
Maybe thirty minutes went by, when the interview was over. It was now time to wait, to see if I was the chosen one, to intern for RuffleButts. Several hours went by, when I received a phone call from an unrecognized number. I answered the phone, and to my excitement, it was Mrs. Amber! She had explained to me that she would love to have me as a part of her "team." Once again my heart started to race, this time with joy! Becoming an intern for a fashion company is the absolute best way for me to receive the knowledge that I need to learn more about the fashion industry. With the wonderful opportunity that Mrs. Amber had given me, I knew I was not going to let her down. I started the internship the very next day, bright and early!

It is now my third week at RuffleButts Inc. and I have to say it is an amazing experience. Mrs. Amber is extremely sweet, and knowledgeable, and is teaching me so much! Her designs and ideas are fascinating, and I know RuffleButts will go farther that it has already gone! I plan to continue my internship with RuffleButts as long as I can, and hopefully one day work for Mrs. Amber at RuffleButts Inc. During my internship, I will be filling everyone in with what it is like for me to intern at RuffleButts Inc. Everyday so far has been exciting and productive, and I would love to share my experiences with everyone. I would like to take a second and again thank Mrs. Amber for allowing me to intern for her company. I understand that it is a huge deal to invite someone into a company and share information and ideas. I appreciate everything she teaches me and I hope to give Mrs. Amber some of my knowledge, and my hard work and help RuffleButts grow. Thank you Mrs. Amber!

2 comments:

  1. It is truly my pleasure to have Kristen on board! She has already been a fabulous addition to the "team" and her dedication is an inspiration to me as well. I'm sure we will all see great things from this talented young lady in years soon ahead!!

    "Mrs. Amber" (it's funny, at 28 years old I look like I'm about 16, so to be addressed with Mrs in front of my first name reminds me that I am fully "an adult" now!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you Kristen!! Good luck with your new adventure!! Amber is one of the best people that you could work for! I can't wait to hear more from you!

    ReplyDelete