Saturday, November 1, 2008

Design Process

Written by Emily...

Another week wraps up here at RuffleButts! I am always amazed at how fast the time goes. This week was very exciting as Amber and I have been working on new design ideas for Fall ‘09. I can come to work to use my creative side, which is new to me, but something I look forward to each and every day.

I never realized how much time and work goes into coming up with new designs. The design process includes so many aspects I never even knew existed. We brainstorm to figure out what will look the best. What styles do we like, which ones will fit the RuffleButts line? What colors? What materials? How many? Prints vs. Solids? These questions are a small glimpse into our world and what has to be done before we can move forward.

It is essential to make sure everything is perfect before production, but it is easy to get caught up in what needs to be done. At the end of the day it is important to sit back and appreciate how lucky I am and how much fun this is!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amber,

    Just wanted to say that I've started reading your blog. I'm wondering if you have heard about the book, "What Men Don't Tell Women About Business". I heard the guy (Chris Flett) on the Today Show and thought you probably have already heard of him. I'm wondering what your thoughts were. He seems to be really taking on the 'Old Boys Club". I just emailed him, but haven't heard back.

    Anyway, keep up the great writing.

    Best,

    Bihter.

    ReplyDelete