Thursday, January 3, 2008

Hannah Montana

Who would have thought that Hannah Montana actress Miley Cyrus and her dad, Billy Ray would have been my inspiration for the day??!

When I returned from visiting my in-laws in South Carolina, I sat down to catch-up on my missed Oprah...turns out there was only one episode that was not a re-run, so I tuned in. The episode happened to be a visit with Hannah Montana and her dad. Although I don't have children of my own, I am well aware of the Hannah Montana craze that has taken over all of the pre-teen gals of the world. Her success is astronomical and I am so happy for someone achieving a dream.

It was something her dad said on the Oprah episode that really struck me though. He was telling a story about how he always reminded Miley as a child about Thomas Edison. He said that every small obstacle, every failure, just helped him to get closer to success because it ruled out one more way not to do it. He also told of his and Miley's many rejections that they had to face prior to hitting it big time with the Hannah Montana gig. I don't know why, but this really struck me. I know so many of us struggle with failure and this gave me the reminder that I needed that we ALL face failure in some sense. It is those of us that give-up that never achieve the success.

3 comments:

  1. Who would have thought that the guy with the worst mullet of the 90's would be so eloquent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silly girl, it struck you because it's a reminder to use all these problems you've had, all these struggles, all these headaches, as inspiration and motivation to to build your dream even bigger and even better!!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that episode too and I really really was touched by how he spoke of his daughter :)

    Becki
    BlogMommas.com

    ReplyDelete