Monday, February 4, 2008

Share the Smiles

Okay, if you are busy and don't have time to read much this hectic Monday morning, please take a minute to read this one. I have a strong feeling that this will make your week just a little bit better than it would have been otherwise.

As I was sitting on my balcony this weekend, a thought occured to me...I have always said that I wanted to own my own business, but I want to do so much more than make a living - I want to make an impact. I have been so very blessed to have successfully launched http://www.rufflebutts.com/ in August of last year to such gracious reviews. Definitely having faced my fair share of challenges, I continue to trudge through those today. As I was overwhelmed with our manufacturing challenges over the past few months, I nearly lost sight of my bigger goal. This brand was designed to bring a smile to the faces of others. Through our logo, brand name, frilly designs and bright colors, the first reaction of so many is a big bright smile! I mean really, who can look at the little ruffled bottom of a precious angel without grinning from ear to ear?? Charitable sharing is also a priority of our company, giving 5% of net profts to children-focused organizations. But there is so much more that we can do...

So, I am calling on you, the RuffleButt fans, the loving moms, doting grandmas, all of the inspirational women (and men) that stand behind what we are trying to do. This is your chance to take 5 minutes out of your week to do something small for someone else. Think of someone in your life that could really use a smile this week - a friend, a sister, parent, boss, co-worker or even a stranger. Now think of something that you could do to make this happen...a free e-card (http://www.hallmark.com/), anonomous note, small gift, phone call, a meal...what is it that they need at the moment? Then email me by Friday with your story...I will post them on our website. Your story will likely inspire others and continue to pay it forward.

This may sound a little corny, and you may be thinking that you do these things anyway, but what is a few minutes out of your day to touch the lives of others, not just the one person that you choose, but all of the RuffleButt supporters. You never know what can happen!! I just can't wait to see what the RuffleButt women (and men) can do!

BE SURE TO READ THE "SHARE THE SMILES" REPORT
TO FIND OUT HOW OUR RUFFLEBUTT SUPPORTERS USED THEIR CREATIVITY AND GIVING SPIRIT TO SHARE MANY SMILES!!

2 comments:

  1. I think it's a wonderful thing to donate some of your profits to charity. Something I have wanted to do for a very long time. Maybe this will be the year I make that a reality! I was moved when I read Lisa Hammond (Femail Creations founder) almost lost a loan when the banker told her he couldn't give her the loan unless she cut that from her budget and she refused. He was so impressed she stood her ground and was willing to lose the loan, that he ended up granting it to her on her determination alone. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are AWESOME! I am SO GLAD that I found your website!

    ReplyDelete