Thursday, January 31, 2008

In the news...

So sorry I have not been very good about keeping this blog up-to-date. This has been a crazy week as always, but I have some fun news to report....

Jade Alexander (pictured at left) from CBS News 4, here in South Florida, paid a little visit to the RuffleButts office on Tuesday! She is obviously a fantastic reporter, but also an incredibly sweet person and extremely supportive of my whole business adventure. I was touched by her genuine interest in my story.

They first filmed our two adorable little RuffleButt babies (Hannah Hunter & Samantha Gibson) in their little outfits and interviewed Elena, Samantha's mom, & Scott, Hannah's dad. They were awesome! Hannah was just precious as she is a complete natural...she was even blowing kisses to the camera!! Samantha is just a perfect little baby and grinned her way into the hearts of many! Then the camera came to me and let's just say I am not really a "spotlight" kind of person - I was nervous about being the center of attention at my own wedding if that says anything! I wanted to use this opportunity to inspire other young women to go for a dream, but naturally, I also wanted to share my brand with the world. It was a little nerve-racking, but Jade was just so sweet, that I felt completely at ease. I know it sounds a little corny, but if one person could see this short little blurb on TV and get that kick that they need, it would be so extremely rewarding to me.

I always had a dream of starting my own business, but I knew that business just had to contribute something positive to world. Not that I believe that little ruffled baby bottoms aren't a positive contribution, but inspiring others in some small way would be a huge accomplishment for me. I always joke that my story is not the typical fairytale, multi-million dollar success story that you usually see on TV, but more a real-life comedy of errors. I am just an everyday person from an everyday upbringing in Louisville, KY. I may not be a millionaire, but I can finally say that I went for a dream, something everyone should do at one point in their lives.

They are expecting the segment to air sometime today or tomorrow, so I have the DVR set...now I just have to figure out how to get it in digital format to post online. Let's just hope that South Florida loves the little RuffleButts as much as I do!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Amber that is great news!! Sometimes you can go to the news station and request a copy of what you want! maybe that would help so we could all see it!! Thanks for sharing your exciting news! oh, and you are an inspiration to all that read your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! You are doing so well!

    - Thank you for your kind words over at BlogMommas. You alway make my day!

    ((HUGS))

    Becki
    BlogMommas.com

    ReplyDelete