Monday, January 14, 2008

Celebrity babies

Wow, what a whirlwind of a week!! My husband and I just returned home from Los Angeles on a red-eye flight early this morning after an amazing star-studded experience. As many of you know, RuffleButts received an exclusive invitation to participate in the 2008 Boom Boom Room. This celebrity gifting event is a pre-celebration to the Golden Globes for celebrities, socialites, media & other Hollywood well-knowns.

First, please let me say, that we were honored to be included with some of the amazing products that we spotted at the event, including the oh-so-adorable Baby Fabulous personalized blankets! Fashion insider Jayneoni Moore selects the hottest must haves for celebrity babies and organizes this fabulous event to showcase and share these products on an annual basis. RuffleButts was thrilled to be included in this exclusive list for 2008!
Of course the biggest question I have received from friends and family is the obvious "so who did you see...and which celebrity was the nicest?" Okay, well maybe they ask it the other way around, but I'm going to go with the polite version! So, here's my report...

We had the pleasure of meeting so many fabulously supportive and gracious people...truly! Carnie Wilson walked into the room clapping and exclaimed: "The fact that you have 'butt' in your name is genius. I love that!" She was a huge fan of the little ruffled diaper covers and took one home for her daughter Lola, 2 1/2. She was amazingly supportive and could not have been nicer!

It was so great to hear all of the celebrities reminiscing about their childhoods, growing up in their own little ruffled diaper covers, which seem to have disappeared over the years. They were all so excited to see us bringing back this staple wardrobe piece from the past. Jodi Sweetin was super sweet and told me about her first Christmas when she wore her little red dress and matching ruffled diaper cover. Now she'll have one for her little girl, which she is expecting with husband Cody Herpin. Kelly Hu shared a very humerous story about her childhood in Hawaii, growing up poor and a tomboy. She told me of a girl, an only child with her little ruffled bottom. Kelly was so jealous of the little girl that she remembers clearly chasing her around and snapping her 'ruffle butts'. Kelly was incredibly sweet and quite funny sharing this childhood memory!

Ali Landry loved the aqua RuffleButt diaper cover so much that she requested the matching swing top on the spot! She also shared her fondness for fancy pants explaining: "I love the ruffles! Growing up in Louisiana, I was always in my ruffles. My daughter wears them all of the time, but doesn't have all of these great colors...yet."

Salli Richardson Whitfield (I.am.legend) was a huge fan of the "So Blessed" Tee and coordinating fuchsia RuffleButt, requesting the set for her little angel Parker! Angela Bassett was also such a fan of the "So Blessed" Tee and coordinating Crawlers, she requested one at first sight for her daughter Bronwyn. Caroline Kunitz loved her daughter Chloe's new RuffleButts so much that she replaced her pants with the new lavender ruffled diaper cover just minutes after leaving the suite.

Kim Porter exclaimed as she saw our big RuffleButt sign, "Oh my gosh, we need some RuffleButts. I just can't get over the name, so cute." Giuliana DePandi picked up a pair for her sister and wished me much success with the business. She always seems to pleasant on E! (which is one of my favorite guilty pleasures), but it was so nice to see her genuine sincerity. And the top of my list for pure graciousness...Matt Samson (Days of Our Lives) & his lovely wife. They were two of the most sincere and gracious people I have ever met, celebrity or not! It was truly my pleasure to share the RuffleButt brand with their adorable daughter.

Other celebrities that picked up a RuffleButt Bloomer include Denise Richards, Jason Priestly, Tori Spelling, Scott Baio, Sasha Alexander (NCIS & Mission Impossible 3), Rena Sopher (Heroes & 24), Kevin Weisman (Alias), Sam Samson (Days of Our Lives), Denise Richards, Christie Lynn Smith (Boston Legal), Terri Vaughn (The Steve Harvey Show), & Alicia Coppola (Jericho). Check out our website to see more celebrity photos!

Jayneoni and staff, job well done! It was a fabulous event and we were honored to be included. I am incredibly blessed that the RuffleButts brand has been so well received since our August 2007 debut, but to see the amazing reactions of these celebrities, I just can't wait to see what this exciting year will bring!

14 comments:

  1. Girl you crack me up. Only you would fit in so well with all those celebrities! :)

    Glad everything worked out and that it went well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber I am glad to see that it was so successful!! What a way to start off the year! Now lets rock and roll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome I hope that turns into a real blessing for "Rufflebutts".
    Best Wishes, julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like the event was a huge success. Congrats! I'm going to jump on your site and look for more photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so great to meet you there!! Hope it's a fabulous start to the new year for all of us!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is so cool! I knew when we first blog met that you were something special! Congrats on this HUGE accomplishment!!!

    And I will try to not be jealous of your being able to meet Jason Preistly...oh how I loved 90210, LOL!!!

    Congrats!
    Becki
    BlogMommas.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi I haven't been here in awhile and I was just checking in... I'm glad I did... HOW kool is that!! I'm glad things are really taking off! Your an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is awesome Amber! I am so happy everything is going so well! What a great way to start your year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad the show went well for you. I'm hearing from everyone how good it was. I was invited, but couldn't do it this year. If they are nice enough to invite me again next year, I'm going to have to think hard about it. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah for Amber! What God thing! I am so proud of you...and honored that my duaghter's tushy is on your website!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amber,
    It really sounds like you had a blast, and made some great connections too! Congrats on the successful event and best wishes, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats Amber!

    We never met but let me say you are as darling and inspirational as your Mom whom I adored in the 60's and 70's....

    Keep up the great work!!!

    An old family friend in Colorado.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's so great to see such a success story for a young woman! Best wishes for many more in the future!

    Holly Badon
    Occasions
    Nederland, TX

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok these are just too cute for words!! I have a little niece and I am loving all of these! Very nice work!

    ReplyDelete