Monday, October 1, 2007

Priorities vs. Commitments

Okay, today is my first day of reorganizing my commitments. I love our church Fellowship Church Miami - our pastor does such a great job of getting me back on track for the week. So, yesterday he was talking about change and going through the "stuff" to get to your desired destination. He always seems to come back to the difference between priorities and commitments and the fact that they most likely are not aligned. He's right, as usual...my commitments are not where they should be. I realized, although I already knew this and just didn't want to admit it, that my day is not organized, and I am therefore not making the most of it. I have so much to do with the business right now that I just plug away and put off the things that can be put off. If I just outline my day first thing in the morning, I wouldn't get so distracted and would accomplish more on my priorities list. So today was the first day of my new plan. I'm going to see if this gets me back on track and will keep you updated. Please let me know if you have any suggestions!

And this brings me to my question...how do you moms out there manage to get everything accomplished - your business, the kids, meals, grocery shopping, laundry??? My husband and I have been open (I hate using the word "trying" cause we know it's in God's hands) to getting prego for the past year and as much as I want to add to our family, I can not imagine how I am going to keep it all together. All of my mom friends tell me that you just find a way, and I am going to have to trust that. I think getting a head start on rearranging my commitments is a good first step.

I have my first official sales call today, and am really looking forward to it. After speaking on the phone with the owner numerous time, she just seems like such a doll. I've heard great things about her store as well (http://www.thecasacollection.com/), so I am looking forward to it.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment