Monday, October 29, 2007

PR, PR, PR

This week was our big 2 month anniversary! A whole two months since we launched the website and debuted at KidShow Las Vegas...I can't believe that was only 2 months ago!! I love what I am doing - I couldn't be more blessed to have this opportunity, but somehow I feel like I've been pouring my heart into this thing for years! I know I am a big thinker - I decide to do something and I never want to do it half-way. So, I've really given this my all, and I feel like there is so much more to do. I've realized that you can have the greatest product in the world, but if no one knows about it, it doesn't really matter. PR, that is the answer...now I just have to figure out how to get there!

It's very exciting that I am starting to see some results - I received an email from the nicest lady on myspace telling me that she spotted our RuffleButts in this month's edition of South Jersey Moms Magazine! She was so nice, she even offered to mail me a copy of the magazine - don't you love nice strangers! I also heard from South Florida Parenting Magazine and they are planning to feature us in their December issue, which would be great. Texas Family Magazine has us featured in their upcoming Holiday gift guide too! I'm starting to see results, but I know we need so much more. I visit other websites such as Allison Case's Hand Picked Pumpkin and I see what a fantastic job she is doing. They have lists and lists of wonderful reviews and editorials - I can see why, her products are absolutely adorable. I know we'll get there, I'm just hoping it is soon!

Okay, one step at a time, I know. We are getting fantastic reviews from moms across the country and we haven't even started to deliver our main products yet! That is more than I could ever ask for. I am going to try to take a step back today, breath, be thankful and then keep plugging away. If you have any PR recommendations for me, I would be oh so grateful!

Have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Amber - I can relate to that feeling. I remember telling people after our first trade show almost exactly what you say - you spend years getting to launch and then there's a whole new PR / Marketing / Advertising game to learn.

    You're doing great to have so many press opportunities already - it will waterfall for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amber. I have a few suggestions for you.

    Contact WTVJ- NBC6 here in Ft Lauderdale. They have that South Florida morning show and are always featuring up and coming businesses and products.

    I would also contact The Today Show (they feature things like this in their 2nd and 3rd hours), In The Loop (that new ivillage live show from Chicago), The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch, Tyra Banks show, Live with Regis and Kelly, The View (Elisabeth Hasselbeck is having a baby..if she is having a girl you could send her a couple of freebies and ask her to mention your name on the air)...I would just keep writing letters to them asking them to please feature you..write to all of these shows over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the advice!! You have reinvigorated me to continue with my obnoxious determination to get the PR we need. I will be sure to keep you all updated.

    Thank you over and again for all of the support!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amber,

    Thanks for your kind words about Hand Picked Pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete