Sunday, October 7, 2007

Control

I can only imagine that as a mom, you would struggle with this issue daily...in your control vs. out of your control. This has been an ongoing issue for me for these past few months in two major ways...the business and my family. I have a ton going on everyday with this business and I find myself awake at 4am stressing about everything from emails to fabric to sales. Then, I have to remind myself that I've done all I can do at the moment. Maybe I made a mistake, maybe I'm learning as I go, but I have to turn it over to a greater power, give it my best and move forward.

On to my husband - okay, I'm sure most of you wives will relate to me here...I love my husband dearly. He is super funny, beyond smart and a very loving and supportive man. With that said, there are still times when I want to pull my hair out :) Although I am the only 'only child' between the two of us, you would never know it! We are two peas in a pod, stubborn as can be, and we struggle with letting go of that control factor.

So, tell me this moms...how do you do it?? How do you manage the things that are in your control and accept the things that are not? How do you let go of the reins and allow your children to do things on their own when you know they may mess up? If I am waking up at 4am with just a business to run, how do you ever sleep with a family depending on you?? I think that God must give moms a gift - patience, understanding and acceptance. You just have to remember that we all struggle at times and God is always there to accept your flaws and love you anyway. I am still learning that I am human and can not conquer it all alone, but I pray daily for more patience, understanding and acceptance.

2 comments:

  1. So you've figured out your normal just like everyone else? Congratulations on your start-up. Best of luck to you. It will get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Corporate Mom!! I am motivated and inspired by all of you amazing mom-preneurs. Thanks for the well wishes!

    ReplyDelete