Thursday, May 6, 2010

Grateful

I just read a fabulous quote passed along from the Founder of Ladies Who Launch...

“gratefulness is the key to a happy life that we hold in our hands, because if we are not grateful, then no matter how much we have, we will not be happy– because we will always want to have something else or something more”.

– David Steindl-Rast.

I could not agree more! I tend to ramble on about gratefulness on the ruffleblog, but I truly believe that this is a required ingredient in the recipe to success. As humans, and especially as women, we tend to fall victim to the "grass in greener" complex, or to drown in guilt when it comes to our children, and struggle when comparing our abilities and successes to others. I want you to stop, take a minute, think about all of of the incredible things in your life. Healthy child, loving husband (at least most days), roof over your head, friends, family. I believe we should always be looking forward, towards where we want to go, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't take time to appreciate where you are today. I am just as guilty of this as any other, and today I really valued this quote. I hope it touches you the same way!

1 comment:

  1. here here!!! It is so true - be grateful, be thankful, no matter where you are on your life journey. It absolutely makes the difference between happiness and unhappiness on your life journey.

    Happy Mother's day Amber!!!

    ReplyDelete