Thursday, September 24, 2009

Sike

Okay, I am trying to be understanding and not bitter... so, the house contract fell through. The buyers couldn't get financing and terminated the contract. I keep telling myself it is happening for a reason, have faith Amber, have faith. So, I am going to have faith and move forward. The house is back on the market and we have a showing scheduled for tomorrow. I know it sounds silly to beg for prayers when there is so much more important stuff going on out there, children and others that need your prayers too... but, if you think about it, can you please add us into your prayers tonight?? It would be really great if God could just give me a little step stone, so I at least know where my family will be this Christmas...that would be really nice! I will be patient and know that He has a plan, but, God, selfishly I would really appreciate it if you could just give me a little peek.

I know we all have our weeks, but this week has been a bit exhausting. I'm trying not to whine, and I do know that I am so fortunate to have all of this on my plate, really I do, but man does it get tiring sometimes! Since our GC quit on our new house/office, I have been spending about half my time out there in meetings and the other half in the office trying to get caught up. My poor DVR is overflowing with shows that I hope to watch one of these days!! I know it is completely worth it, but it would just be nice to have an end in sight.

Okay, that's enough negative for now. Good news...Nordstrom just placed their order as we head toward the holidays and we have created a new surprise RuffleButt Bloomer just for them. We will also have a few available on our website, but they are definitely a limited edition. I am really excited to see them, as we are shipping from the factory just in time to be in stores by the end of next month. Believe it or not, that's quick in this business, especially when everything is overseas! The other good news, we have so many incredible customers, supporters, and now friends...I couldn't wish for anything better =)

And lastly, if you have a little one in size 2T, we have a Purple Glitter knit RuffleButt and matching t-shirt on sale for $22.99 FOR BOTH!! It sounds a little gaudy, but it's really not...it is a subtle glitter made right into the fabric and the tee is embellished with a rhinestone butterfly. It is really precious and a total steal right now!! We're already sold out of all other sizes, but if you're little one is a size 2T, or will be a size 2T next Spring, this is a hidden gem on our Sale Page!


2 comments:

  1. laurieudy@hotmail.comSeptember 26, 2009 at 3:23 PM

    Hi Amber-
    I ran across your website by seeing a post you posted on Starting a Baby Boutique & Clothing Line. I am also a Mom, Wife, CEO, Maid and many more things. I have a new clothing line. We started out with the Basic Collection but I couldn’t stop there since I have the entrepreneur spirit so I went bigger started with my Spring/Summer 2010 line. I also have very strong feelings about giving back to charity and that is why have added a giving back section in my line and will continue to do so. I was previously and accountant and went to China for business and have developed a lot of contacts and found great factories to work with. Wow has it been an experience all in itself. I know this is what I am supposed to do and I have loved every minute. I think I am at the point of feeling overwhelmed and reading that you went through everything I am going through makes me feel better that I am not alone. I have been doing research after research trying to figure out the best way to succeed and get my name out there. I found your blog and it has inspired me in more ways than one. Actually a lot of the posts I read it was like you were reading my mind.
    At present I am looking to hire some sales reps and I am constantly getting mixed signals on whether it is the right thing to do. I have been doing a lot of cold calling and it seems to be doing ok but nothing like I want it to. I completely agree with you when you wrote you need to think outside the box and they way things have been done in the past don’t necessarily apply to what can work in the future. I don’t want to have to pay outrageous amounts in showroom fees. I completely think that reps should be compensated for their work by commission and have no problem doing that. I also, don’t want my dream restricted by a contract either. I saw on one of your post you hired someone from Dallas and it was not good. I am hoping you can give me some advice on that since I am new so I don’t make the mistakes others in my position have made.
    I could go on and on but I know you are really busy so I have some questions for you and you ever get a chance I would love to hear your opinion on them because it would help me a tons and I am sure many many others on this little journey.
    1. What to look for in sales reps and if there are some out there that are paid only based on commission?
    2. How did you get all of your media contacts? Through reps? On your own? What is the best way to get exposure?
    3. What advice would you give people starting their own line?
    4. What mistakes did you make that you would warn people about?
    5. If you knew then what you know now?
    Thanks so much!!
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart goes out to you. I wish I had the words but only platitudes come to mind.

    One day you'll re-read all of this and be struck by it, impressed and proud of yourself, reliving it again. Because even tho you lived it, you won't know how you did it. I think you will inspire you in trying times to come.

    ReplyDelete