Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Design Time

I am digging deep this week for my creative inspiration. It is that time of year and we are working on our soon-to-debut, brand new knit Collection. I am pretty excited, as I love our new colors and prints! This week, I am working on the t-shirt embellishment designs. I realize how nice it was to be so naive in the beginning. When I designed our original t-shirt line, I had no background in kids wear. I really didn't know what would sell and what wouldn't, I just designed from my heart. Needless to say, this is when our "So Blessed" shirt was born and is still our very best seller today. Now, I try to listen to my heart over my head. It is just natural that our past sales number sneak into my mind. I don't want to play it safe, but also don't want to get too crazy and have the inventory sit in the stockroom. I have a couple of visions and knew exactly what I want on some, but I still have to reach for the last few.

That is truly one of the things I love about my job - it is so very different from day to day. I am not the most creative of people, but I do love the challenge. There is also no feeling like the one when you see little angels running around in your creations!

The new Knit Collection will be available this summer, so be sure to check back. And even more exciting, we are now producing our own fabrics and colors, and these new knits are incredible. They are a little heavier and even softer than before!

We just keep moving forward, one improvement at a time. If you are a potential entrepreneur waiting until you know everything to pull the trigger, let me tell you now, it will never happen. There is so much to learn and you have to start somewhere. Just do your very best from day one and improve daily from there.

Without change there is no innovation, creativity, or incentive for improvement. Those who initiate change will have a better opportunity to manage the change that is inevitable.”~William Pollard

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amber!!! I know you are always looking for new ideas so i wanted to share something with you - I was recently in Brazil for vacation and purchased some really cute knit bloomers there the pattern is exactly like yours except they have snap buttos on the sides! It made my life so much easier when diaper changing!!! So I was wondering if you wouldn't like to experiment with something like that. :O)Let me know and I can send you some photos if you are interested! Oh - And congratulations on you gorgeous Daughter!!!! Mine is 6 months 1/2 now and I'm having loads of fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Vicky!! That is so sweet of you to pass this along. I would love to see pictures if you don't mind sending them over. Of course, I always love new ideas, especially when they make moms life easier!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete