Tuesday, October 21, 2008

RuffleButts in BabyCouture Magazine


I am excited to share that RuffleButts were including in a recent photo shoot and showed up in the pages of BabyCouture Magazine! Just click on the image above to view the virtual magazine (go to page 71)! They featured our Red Woven Crawlers and coordinating Dancing Dot Peasant Top...one of my favorite outfits from our Fall 08 Collection!

It is always so fun and super rewarding to spot my baby creations in the pages of any magazine, but this one is extra special, as they always feature extremely hip and creative brands! I am always honored to share my creations through mediums such as this, as you can have the best products in the world, but if no one knows about them, it doesn't do anyone any good!

This brings me to a conversation that I had with another children products business owner this week. Everyone starts somewhere, you try a few different tactics, you think outside the box, you work with various people and organizations trying desperately to get your name out there...sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I have been extremely blessed and grateful to have received the press that we have to date. Since we have now been selling for just over a year, our brand is slowly building a positive reputation and momentum. For those of you out there just starting out, please don't get discouraged...for every magazine photo shoot and online mention, we have received just as many turn-downs and last minute cancellations. I picked up a copy of a magazine (whose name I will not mention, but one I really like) just today at the OB. This particular magazine had contacted me requesting samples for a cover shoot a few months back, returned the samples, said that we would be featured, and I've never seen a photo one. I must say, this one was a disappointment, but we move on, and know that other fabulous opportunities are just around the corner!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Congrats!!!
    You have an award waiting at my blog.
    mommysgreatdeals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amber!
    It's Rachel over at blossumz.com . I love reading your blog and I was so excited to see your product was in Couture Magazine. Congratulations! Hope you are feeling well, can't wait to see pics of your little rufflebutt :) Thanks for all the advice and time you have spent with me. People like you are such a blessing! Keep up the good work, hopefully one day we can meet in person.

    All the best,
    Rachel Gross
    www.blossumz.com

    ReplyDelete