Friday, February 12, 2010

Undercover Boss

Although I am sadly a fan of some reality shows, I didn't watch the recent "Undercover Boss" show. I must admit I was intrigued when I saw the preview, mostly curious as a business owner myself, but missed the show. Since then, I understand there has been a bit of controversy over the premise behind the show...people love controversy!!! Anyway, Mark sent over a quote to me this morning from an interview with president and COO of Waste Management, Larry O'Donnell (the CEO on the show) posted on The Corner Office Blog. This quote really hit home with us, as this is very much our philosophy as well. We are obviously a MUCH smaller company, but I firmly believe that you must have a positive experience behind the scenes to share a positive experience with your customers.

"When you can transform your company from a place where people just show up to collect a paycheck to a company where they feel appreciated, they feel recognized, they feel like they have a voice and they become engaged in helping you solve the problem, what a powerful company."

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amber-
    Not sure if you remember me but you gave me some great advice on my clothing line. I really appreciated it. It has gotten me over the bumps in the road and it is always nice to know I am not alone. My line has been doing well and I am so excited for the future. We have an upcoming model search for our Spring 2011 Collection and I want to get the word out. I was wondering if there was any way you would be willing to post the details on your blog. I completely understand if it is not something you would want to do because of the previous experience you had with helping out and the completely stole your designs. Below is the information if you are willing to do it. Feel free to change it if you want. If you could help spread the word I would appreciate it. Thanks so much for your inspiration!!!!

    Laurie Udy
    Secretly Spoiled

    Model Search 2010
    Secretly Spoiled is looking for Girls ages 3-12 to model for the upcoming Spring 2011 Collection. Please email a headshot to secretlyspoiled@hotmail.com with your child’s name, age, clothing size and your name. Submissions must be in by April 5, 2010. We will select Top finalist for voting. Voting will begin on April 12th at 9 am MST and end April 23rd at 11:59 pm MST. The Top finalist for voting will have their pictures located under the FAN PICK MODEL CONTEST ALBUM under photos on Secretly Spoiled’s Facebook fan page. The girls with the most likes on their picture will be in our next photo shoot. You can check out our current collections at www.secretlyspoiled.com

    Photo Shoot Location: Salt Lake City, Utah area

    When: June 5th 2010

    Time: TBA

    Photographer: Ann Montgomery with Anniemations Photography. You can see her amazing work at www.anniemationsphotography.com

    ReplyDelete