Thursday, July 10, 2008

What are you waiting for??

Nike says it best, and I know it is a bit over-used, but it is just so true! I found this picture on another website, and it hits home. I must say, Nike got it right!


So, you know if I am talking to you here...do you have a drive to do something different, something bigger? Do you have a business idea that you think and/or talk about all the time, but just can't seem to get through the fear of failure? I know we all have different reasons and different factors in our lives. I know we all can't just pick-up, quit our jobs, and go after a long lost dream, but this is just a little reminder that time is ticking by. If there is going to come a day in your life when you look back and think that you let this opportunity slip by, I am telling you to get to work!!! You don't have to dive in completely, but start with a little research, take your idea to the next level.

I have told my story many times before, but that is exactly where I was when I made the major decision to go for my "RuffleButt" dream. I had worked in multiple careers - pharmaceuticals & real estate, but something was missing. I always knew that I wanted to start my own business, but it wasn't until that "light bulb moment" outside of the shopping center when I knew in my heart that I had to give it a shot. I am just your everyday girl, went to an everyday college, lived an everyday life. I didn't have any fancy background or money flooding my bank account, but I was determined to make this work. I knew with faith, determination, and the support of the wonderful people in my life, that I could make this something big.

I am just in the beginning steps at this point. After almost a year of sales, I have been so tremendously blessed by strong sales and such a warm response from our customers, but I am only getting started! I want to turn this into something big, a brand that everyone knows and loves, a company that touches lives around the world, and a charitable giving budget that allows our customers to make an impact on the lives of others through their purchases!

Your dream does not have to be anything like mine, but I want you to know that it is possible, whatever it may be. As long as you have thoroughly done your research and know that it is a viable business opportunity, all it takes is a LOT of hard work, an incredible amount of determination, and heart.

Be sure to keep in touch, post your updates in the comments section - I would love to hear your stories and goals!!

2 comments:

  1. Amber, I love this post. I am starting my own business on the side slowly because right now I need the income from my regular job. I am putting together my website and working on strategies on getting my jewelry shown at shows. That is my starting point. I will let you know how it is going. P.S. Mega Congrats on the baby girl. I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber...

    This is just what I needed to hear today.

    Thank you!

    With friendship,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete