Thursday, October 21, 2010

Bum day

Have you ever noticed as women, that we aren't allowed to have a bum day. This is not that others don't allow it, but we are too hard on ourselves to actually admit a plain old yucky day. Rough morning, husband pushing your buttons, kids making you crazy?? Yes, but we put on a happy face and answer with "I'm doing great!". Don't get me wrong here, I'm not saying we should all pout around when things get tough, but I do think we should be allowed to wallow in a bum day every now and then. Well, today is my day! My life is good, I love my job, but today is just my day. I kinda want to curl up and watch recorded Oprah all day. I want to get in my car and drive back to Kentucky (my home state), and have my mom be a momma for the day. I want warm soup, a pedicure, and to lay on the couch. Oh, I know, I sound so spoiled...don't read me wrong here, I'm not actually doing any of those things, but a girl can dream, right?!

So, today, if it is your day or not, I am here to tell you that we are not perfect, and today, I am not pretending to be. I'm not the CEO mom who has it all together. I'm not wonder woman, the strong leader, the super mom, the creative designer...I'm just a regular gal, a little worn down, having a little bit of a bum day.

I will tell you this though...I know how lucky I am, when I am feeling just a little down, all I have to do it go to our RuffleButts facebook page. We have the BEST customers in the world and they bring me so much joy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment