Monday, September 27, 2010

My little RuffleButt


It is not often I talk about my little RuffleButt here on the RuffleBlog, but today, I had a little revelation. I started RuffleButts with the intention of doing a handful of things, one of which was making people smile. Seems simple, and almost a little corny, right? Well, after living the fast-paced life of million dollar real estate in Dallas, I was ready to sell to moms instead of millionaires. Ok, maybe a few millionaire moms included, but to people who just wanted to dote on their baby girls and enjoy life. It is so fun to see people repeat our brand name, or just to see their reactions to our little ruffles...9.9 times out of 10 it is a big grin, a HUGE reward for what I do every day.

I started RuffleButts before I was a mom myself. I always knew I wanted to be a mom, but God decided his plan was a little later than I had anticipated. I put everything I had into this business and it really became my baby pre-baby. It gave me such joy, such reward, I felt like the luckiest girl in the world.

Then came my Aubrey! I had no idea what these little people do to your life. So, this morning as Aubrey and I stood in the kitchen ready to head out the door to school, I looked at her and that great big grin and realized that I now get to do two things that are all about the smiles...share RuffleButts and be a mom. Life doesn't get much better!

Ok, I'm certainly not pretending that I don't struggle like every other woman in this world...that I wasn't in a battle of the wills with my toddler just last night. Yes, she is a strong-willed little lady, and absolutely HATES brushing her teeth! Yes, I am like every other mom, but it is smiles like these that remind me how blessed I truly am!

6 comments:

  1. It certainly is a battle of wills with toddlers. As for the brushing of teeth, have you tried an electric toothbrush? My son was the same and we tried the electric brush (Thomas the Tank Engine, naturally) and it was an instant success! Hope my tidbit of info will bring you as much success as Rufflebutts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Krista!! As a first-time mom, all suggestions are welcome...and quite needed =)

    These little people have some serious willpower, I tell you what!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buckle up, Amber! She looks like she's gonna give you a run for your ruffles!

    Julie Austin

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so adorable! Loving the blond locks! You can tell she's full of personality from the pic, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 28 years ago I became a Mom to a beautiful little girl. Everyday of her life ( and my son's), they were dressed as cute as they could be! When she was a baby I found darling, cotton ruffled pants to put over her diapers, under her dresses. I only found them once and it was at the S.F. Gift Center. I bought five pair. I loved them and was so happy I had them because they finished her outfits. I never found them again. I often said I should make and sell them - little girls need them! I also made my own bows to match each outfit and everyday she wore them. I was way ahead of my time, but as an interior designer, it came naturally. Today, all babies can look as cute as they can be! Hats off to you for making it happen on a very grand and successful scale. Now my new baby granddaughter can benefit from you. So happy to have found your shop. Congratulations. P.S. Your daughter is so cute-enjoy each moment as time flies by very quickly-I did and still am.

    ReplyDelete