Thursday, April 1, 2010

Balls in the air

Sometimes I feel like a master juggler, but more often than not, I feel like I have twenty balls floating in the air, about to drop any one of them at any given moment. I am starting to understand that this is the life of an entrepreneur, as well as a mom. Sometimes I wonder how they do it...those wondermoms! They seem to fit it all in, to have it all together. I know, I'm sure none of them feel this way, but at least they pull it off well.

Here's my truth - I am the mom known at pre-school for forgetting to bring the clean blanket back on Monday morning. The one that has to keep a back-up sippy cup in the car, so when I walk out the door without it, I can fake that I have it all together! I'm the mom always running late, crackberry in hand. But, I'm okay with this. Aubrey loves me anyway, and somehow I manage.

Our new rule in the Schaub household is from pick-up time at school to bedtime at home, it is our Aubrey time...no blackberries, no phone calls, we just enjoy our daughter. Then, at 8:30pm, (or 8:53 tonight), I'm back down on the computer, trying to catch up on the things I didn't squeeze in during the day.

My balls may bounce every now and then, but for the most part, I think I just have a beautiful sky of balls in the air...or as Aubrey likes to call them "bubbles"!

2 comments:

  1. Boy do I know this feeling. The reason why I run my classes the way I do is to spend as much time with my kids as possible. Sometimes I feel like I don't give them enough quality time doing fun things like we did when they were little. Then I feel like I close my business too much and I should offer more classes. Not to mention keeping up with the never endings: housework, laundry, yard. At lest this week we had a break with the homework with them off for spring break.
    No one's perfect but we sure do "fake" it A LOT! The only ones we need to be perfect for are the kids to teach them perfection are smiles, laughter and enjoying your moments as you go through life...

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too know the feeling. I have an outside job from 7:30am-4:30pm, maintain a small business on the side, 2 kids and a household...phew...I try to make it to every play date, game, kid's party, class, etc. and be at work concentrating at all times...I get home at 6:30 or 6:15if I'm lucky...then, I put on my Mommy hat and get to homework...after that, its tuck in time for my son and my daughter...before I know it- its 9:30 and I have to fill my orders...its tough what we do...but I know what we are doing will build a great foundation for our kids...I hope to set an example and that they only extract the good habits I have...not the occasional breakdowns and cussings I do in private, LOL...one day at a time, I say...just plow through. We all know its all for the kids...the kids come first...

    ReplyDelete